Do I Need a Broker To Obtain A Rule 144 Opinion to Sell Restricted Stock?

Under Rule 144 Only Affiliates of the Issuer Need a Broker to Sell

Only an Affiliate of the Issuer must engage a Broker in order to sell stock of the issuing company (both restricted and unrestricted stock) into the public market.

Even Non-Affiliates Benefit By Using Experienced Brokers in 144 Stock Sales

While a Non-Affiliate is not required by Rule 144 to use a Broker to sell restricted stock, any Non-Affiliate can benefit from using a knowledgeable Broker familiar with restricted stock sales under SEC Rule 144 because a good Broker can always recommend a qualified securities attorney who’s 144 opinion letters the Transfer Agent will accept.   Most of the referrals received by are from such highly experienced Brokers.


This entry was posted in Rule 144 and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.